2013/05/23

My friend is interesting but he is not in his apartment.

Their conversation appears interesting but they are speaking a language I do not understand.

They are both reputed to be interesting people and so I'm sure their conversation is interesting, but they are speaking a language I understand only a little, so I catch only fragments such as «I see» and «on Sunday» and «unfortunately».

LYDIA DAVIS, E.U.A. in Interesting, 2001



O meu amigo é interessante mas não está no apartamento.

A conversa deles parece interessante mas falam uma língua que eu não percebo.

Ambos têm fama de ser pessoas interessantes e por isso tenho a certeza que a conversa deles é interessante, mas falam uma língua que eu percebo mal, por isso só apanho fragmentos, como «estou a ver» e «no Domingo» e «infelizmente».

No comments: