2013/01/13

Second Night in N.Y.C. after 3 Years (1962)
 
I was happy I was bubbly drunk
The street was dark
I waved to a young policeman
He smiled
I went up to him and like a flood of gold
Told him all about my prison youth
About how noble and great some convicts were
And about how I just returned from Europe
Which wasn't half as enlightening as prison
And he listened attentively I told no lie
Everything was truth and humor
He laughed
He laughed
And it made me so happy I said:
«Absolve it all, kiss me!»
«No no no no!» he said
        and hurried away.

GREGORY CORSO, U.S.A.


Segunda Noite em N.Y.C. ao fim de 3 Anos

Eu estava feliz estava efervescente e bêbado
A rua era escura
Acenei a um jovem polícia
Ele sorriu
Aproximei-me dele e numa enxurrada cintilante
Contei-lhe tudo sobre a minha juventude na prisão
Sobre alguns condenados tão grandes e tão nobres
E sobre o meu recente regresso da Europa
Que não esclarecia metade do que esclarecia a prisão
E ele ouviu com atenção eu não mentia
Ele ria
Ria
E aquilo pôs-me tão feliz que eu disse:
«Absolve isto tudo, beija-me!»
«Não não não não!» disse ele
          e afastou-se à pressa.

No comments: