2020/11/11



It was that time

against the backdrop of trees

the russet sky,

the houses built up like half promises on rocks

when I started to get wise. And there was 

drama going on on land.

A thin slither of moon,

wet oil on the ground,

and all the white June flowers.

Your phone rang. You looked at it

and then at me. There was a shadow around

your head. I felt the thing we try not to feel.

It's a new age for loving

now - anything goes,

so no one is allowed to dissolve in public

we rent each other's beds

for weeks and weeks and weeks 

with nothing to show for it at the very end

but dirt underneath our nails.

I am still gasping, even today

for one I treated so badly

who told me they

wished me the very best

in the softest, most devastating way.

YRSA DALEY-WARD, E.U.A., 2020


Foi no tempo, 

contra um fundo de árvores

e céu cor de barro,

casas construídas como meias promessas sobre rochas,

em que eu comecei a ganhar juízo. E em terra

os dramas aconteciam.

Um fino deslizar de lua,

o chão molhado de óleo

e todas as flores brancas de Junho. 

O teu telefone tocou. Olhaste-o,

e depois a mim. Tinhas uma sombra em volta

da cabeça. Senti a coisa que tentamos não sentir.

Agora é uma nova era para

amar - vale tudo

por isso a ninguém é permitido desmoronar em público

alugamos as camas uns dos outros

durante semanas e semanas e semanas

e no fim só temos para mostrar

porcaria debaixo das unhas.

Ainda hoje sufoco

por alguém que tratei tão mal

e me disse que

me desejava o melhor

da maneira mais branda e arrasadora.


 

No comments: